Sunday, July 5, 2009

Menu Plan Monday


Life has become quite hectic around our house, increasingly so since B Man has learned to crawl and pull up. This has forced me to rethink my meal planning strategy. I have always planned meals out since I was a teenager, (Thanks, Mom) but it seems that my system needed some tweaking since I was still finding meal time somewhat stressful.


So I decided to pick 24 meals that I regularly see on my meal plan. That gives me a different meal for Monday through Saturday for a whole month. I left Sundays open because we often go out to lunch, have potluck at church or have leftovers on that day. If none of that is on our agenda I figure Sundays will be a great day to try a new recipe.Also, I only listed the main dish since I hope to be adding sides from whatever is fresh from our garden or on sale that week. After I had my 24 meals I put them on a four week calender. This week I will do the meals listed on week one and next week I will move on to week two and, well you get the picture.


Next, I would like to get a list of all the ingredients needed for each weeks meals. Since I try to stockpile my groceries to get the best deals, I am hoping having a complete list of the entire four weeks ingredients will help me to snag some great deals on the thing I will need.


On this weeks menu:

Monday: Spaghetti and Salad

Tuesday: Meatloaf, Smashed Potatoes and Roasted Veggies

Wednesday: Pinto Beans, Mac and Cheese, Sliced Tomatoes and Squash

Thursday: Ham and Rice Casserole

Friday: Hot Dogs

Saturday: Grilled Chicken Salad



For more menu ideas check out The Organizing Junkie.





1 comment:

  1. Welcome to MPM! Love the pinto beans and mac-n-cheese dinner. Yum!

    ReplyDelete