Monday, July 6, 2009

Coupon Organization



I was reading this post the other day over at Jenny's blog, and it got me thinking about how I organize my coupons and why. I am definitely a "keep my whole insert" type of girl. Since I have gotten more serious about my couponing, I have made the switch from cutting all my coupons to keeping the whole insert for a couple of reasons. First, I get a lot of coupons. Mr's job allows him access to tons of unwanted Sunday papers and he is all to happy to make his bride glow by bringing her a stack home almost daily. Second, I have four kids and that limits the amount of time I have to actually cut coupons. On Mondays I check out Kroger's deals and make a list of all the deals I want to take advantage of. I make sure to list the item, the flyer the coupon is in, the value of the coupon and the final price after store sale and coupons. On Tuesdays, I file my many inserts because I usually get the biggest stack on Monday night. I also cut my coupons for Kroger and file them in my coupon organizer. On Wednesday I list my Publix deals the same way I do Kroger's then I cut them out on Saturday morning so I am ready to head out and get my deals on Sunday or Monday evening. I spend 30 minutes or less each day on my couponing this way. When I cut all my coupons I would easily spend 4 or 5 hours on a Sunday afternoon cutting and filing. I do sometimes miss out on closeout deals because I don't have a coupon box with every coupon in it but I think the time I get to spend with my family instead is a pretty good trade off. How do you organize your coupons?

No comments:

Post a Comment